Skip to content

making mats

February 21, 2011

This latest sewing project was inspired by a post over at Soulemama about practical sewing, which is the only sewing I can get into these days! One thing discussed was a mat for under the dishdrainer instead of plastic or rubber. I know, can we get any more practical than this? I have been wanting to do this for a while, since we have NOTHING under our dishdrainer except sometimes a cloth diaper. So I took a cloth diaper, (heehee) and added a fabric case to it, topstiched and sewed four lines down the middle to hold it all together in the wash. If you don’t have a cloth diaper, an old towel would work fine. Like her, I made two so when one is washing the other is in use. One out of a pretty green printed cotton and the other out of plain linen, both random pieces of fabric I had laying around. They are so satisfying. I especially like reusing the cloth prefold diapers! Simple pleasures around here.

One Comment leave one →
  1. February 21, 2011 9:55 am

    I love the green one! It looks like it would make a really nice place mat, too!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: